Friday 24 February 2012

New York Fashion Week AW 2012...After Ruffian

Falling snow + NYC + bouncy curls + perfect red lips =  all the things I love to shoot!

I was so excited when it started to snow in NYC....I couldn't sleep properly the night before, and when I looked out the window on the Saturday morning and tiny specks of snow were falling onto the fire escape, it was one of those yeehaw moments! I have never seen snow fall in NYC before - last February was my first winter season at NYFW and while there was lots of snow on the ground, it didn't actually snow while I was there.

I took a cab uptown and made the driver let me out at Central Park so I could take all the prettiness in...the park looks beautiful any time of day but to see it in the early morning with snow falling was pretty damn special. And then I got to Lincoln Centre just as the models from the Ruffian show were coming out....the hair, the red lips, the snow. So much loveliness to photograph.


12 comments:

  1. I love this photo!!!

    Vanessa

    http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos and and that outfit! The coat is a very flattering cut. (And that hair! Wowza!)

    Very lovely pictures as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorge! And the snow falling does look beautiful, I'm glad you caught it!
    TGIF,
    Girl in the Poodle Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. @pinkmate- thank you!

    @The Lady Nerd- I know, how gorgeous is her hair?! such bouncy, springy curls. I feel like you could pull on one and it would bounce right up again! (okay, that sounds very weird, I know!) . I would love to shoot girls "properly" with this hair and make-up....sigh.

    @Girl in the poodle shoes- me too. I didn't feel like getting up early (having not slept) but it was worth it!

    Mmmm meant to say that I didn't "make" the cab driver let me out at Central Park, I asked him to. Although he did get a bit shouty crackers at me as I told him the wrong address. 8th avenue does not go up to W 62nd street!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that beautiful pics! i love its!

    I have just created my own blog,
    please visit my blog, donacloset.blogspot.com

    i am your follower, i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous blue eyes-- the grey scarf really makes them pop!

    http://vintagetwovogue.blogspot.com

    Lydia Lange

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cosy woolly scarf and red coat are so perfect under the snow!!
    And it brings out her beautiful blue eyes: stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adore these photos! The snow makes for some gorgeous shots, and she is the perfect driver :)


    awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. Qu'elle est belle ! Ce regarde et ces cheveux ! Bravo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow looks so cold - lovely sunny day here - cant wait to wear summer stuff - new designer kaftan range arriving www.bluemojito.co.uk - have a look and let us know what you thinkxx lovely floaty topsx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beauiful photos! She has a stunning hair and I also love that coat

    xx
    http://maddenim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely curls and stunning blue eyes!

    take a look at my blog:
    http://laavidamaravillosa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete